Tags: bowel, burning, diaherria, digestive, disease, dissipates, drugs, formed, health, intestine, medications, movements, sensation, stomach, stool, water
Burning sensation in stomach
I have burning sensation in stomach for past 1 month. Bowel movements are not diaherria but stool is not well formed. more like dissipates in water (sorry for gross picture). Burning is all across the stomach no one specific place. Past 2 days i have this wierd burping like acidity going on. i have a GI appt next week but anyone with similar experiences? Thanks
Leave a comment...
- 5 Comments
- I have the same problem. Went to the doctor and she said I may have the beginning stages of acid reflux. I am 24 and this came as a surprise to me, but she explained that people of all ages can have this problem. I am on Zantac, although I don't take it like I am supposed to. I don't have the burning all day long 24/7, but it seems to be worse at night, when I am lying down. Sometimes I will wake up with the sensation to throw up, and it tastes like acid.
You know, this disease can be controlled by diet and taking meds, but when you're young, you do awful things to your body without thinking. Tonight, I drank a beer and woke up feeling sick. You have to basically eliminate everything from your diet that triggers your acid reflux, such as spicy foods, alcohol beverages, chocolate, caffeine, etc...
Well, good luck at the doc. Keep us posted as to what the doc says and maybe we can try and help each other come to understand and treat this illness.#1; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:41:00 GMT
- Ultra Sound is normal. So the doctor asked me to take VSL#3 which is a probiotic which would help improve the bacteria and possibly control the burning sensation. He asked me to try this for 2 weeks and see him again. So I am currently taking VSL#3 and shall keep posted on the development. Thxs#2; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:42:00 GMT
- Ok, what's VSL#3? Never heard of it. Glad to hear your ultrasound is normal. I had one done and everything came out normal, also, but I still have the sensation to puke sometimes, and it drives me MAD!! I can't figure out if it's because of the burning in my stomach or something else. I know I'm not pregnant and suffering from morning sickness, so......... hmmm......
Well, good luck in the future.#3; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:43:00 GMT
- VSL#3 is a good probiotic supplement that is used to re-estabish the friendly bacteria in your GI tract.
Burning in your esophagus is caused by stomach acid being belched up!! Burning can be caused by several things you eat but the stomach is located just below the rib cage on the right side. Is this the area that has been burning??
I am sure the Ultrasound was done to check your gallbladder for stones??
I think you need to take a water soluble fiber supplement like Metamucil to make sure your intestines work properly. I really think it's a healthy thing to do!!
You need 20 to 30 grams of fiber daily but most people get about 13 grams on the average.
God Bless--Harry#4; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:44:00 GMT
- Had my stool test and that came back negative. My problem seem to have subsided with Protonix. The burning sensation is almost gone. But the stool is still semi loose. Not diaherria for sure but sort of soft stool which dissipates in water. So not sure what could that be?? Am sure doctor will ask for colonoscopy next. Any ideas if I should go through this or something else? I have no family history and am 29/M so not sure if I want to go through the prep work for colonoscopy. Inputs appreciated. Thxs#5; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:45:00 GMT